Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Birthday Tips for Boyfriends and Husbands

My Hubby is the sweetest, most wonderful guy. And I know how lucky I am, even though I don't always say it. He's done the sweetest thing for my birthday, and I thought I'd share it because it's made this a special day for me.

Every hour or so he has me pick a number between 1 and 11. He consults a list, then says something like "you win a prize!" And he gives me a wrapped present with the number on it! Isn't this fun? He's so clever.

And the big gift? I said number 5, he consulted his list, and told me to check my email (first time today). So, I went to get my laptop and it's gone! There's a new PowerBook G4 in it's place!!! OK, I'm bragging, but I can't help it. No, I didn't need a new computer, but he decided I needed a faster one with a bigger hard drive for me to do my writing. The birthday card was Snoopy writing on his doghouse, and it said "A Birthday Wish for the Great Author." Supportive and generous all in one swoop.

And the day's not over yet. But I couldn't wait to write something about how when he's good, he's very, very good.

3 comments:

Tink said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

What a wonderful idea. I don't know too many men that creative or romantic! One year I threw a suprise party for my boyfriend (now ex). I had a present for every year of his life (30). They were all presents that had something to do with the designated year. There were slinkies, Fraggle-Rock videos, Transformer figures, baseball cards. I even had a trivia game set up for all the guests. Birthdays are meant to be special. It's always nice to have someone who makes them so.

Kell said...

That's a great idea! Hmmmm. Might have to steal, uh, I mean, use that idea.

thanks for the birthday wish.

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday, Kell!