Thursday, January 26, 2006

She's Lucky She's So Cute

Well, Daily came up to me and sat and stared at me. I petted her, but that's not what she wanted! I said, "Do you want something?" And she hopped in the air, turning around at the same time with a little, "Yep!" and led me to the pantry.

But here's the kicker. I got out a rawhide stick and held it in front of her, she sniffed it, and she turned her nose away! Obviously, she doesn't want that treat, she wants a different one. So, I got a different one, and again, she turned her nose up at it. Then, I got out the Denta Stix, and her tail started wagging and she started licking her lips. Guess that's the winner. I can't believe I actually kept bringing things out for her.

Then she jumped on the couch with me and pooted on me all night. What is giving this dog gas?!? It's worse than my husband's, and that's saying something.

But, she had a cough-free day, so I'm not complaining. Yesterday she was coughing so bad and having such a hard time breathing that I just knew I would walk downstairs this morning and she would have passed away in her sleep. Her poor little heart has gotten so big that she just can't go for walks any more. It's just too much for her. Plus, she's decided she doesn't want her dog food any more. Oh, she wants food, just not her dog food. So, she's getting roasted chicken and peanut butter (with her medicine hidden in it).

Gosh, that entry got a little sad there in the end. Sorry about that. She's a special dog, and it's just so hard to watch her not feeling well. She's our baby, afterall!

No comments: