Thursday, January 19, 2006

Project Runway Rocks

I never watched reality shows. As a matter fact, I was very proud of the fact that I had never watched an episode of ANY reality show, including American Idol and Survivor. Until Project Runway. I watched the end of Season 1, and I sit on pins and needles waiting for every Wednesday episode of Season 2. It just works for me. The idea that these people are given a project and they have a short amount of time to use all their skills and talent to create a stunning design. And they are judged by other designers, only. No call in, no "America votes" so no popularity contest. The general public are idiots, as a whole (I include myself in this), so anything that doesn't include them is just a better show, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I'm not that naive. I know there is no such thing as a reality show. It is scripted and people are planted and the producers have more say than the experts on the show. But I don't care! I love this show anyway! I'm sure the producers are just reveling in the fact that after last night's episode, there are 30 pages of emails on the message board about how they can't believe the judges let Santino stay and cut poor Emmett. Some of them even said they wouldn't watch any more because it was so obviously fixed. Oh please. Like they're really not going to watch any more. Not watch and miss Zulema call for a walk-off by the models and take Nick's model (I'm guessing that's what will happen)? And Jay, last season's winner, coming back to judge! Who would miss that?!?

I'm even playing the Face-off game where I pick who I think will win and who will be out. I'm not doing well at that game. It's kind of hard to guess when you don't know what they'll be designing. I just keep choosing Zulema to lose because I don't like her and I don't think she's very good. I usually choose Nick or Chloe to win, but poor Chloe will never win even though she is obviously the most talented. Her stuff is just too wearable and too nice. Not "designer" enough, I guess. But she'll be in the final 3, I'm sure. I'm guessing her, Santino, and Nick (or maybe Daniel, but I'm rooting for Nick).

It's a sickness. I'm finding myself intersted in fashion, too. That's really scary, because the only name I wear is LLBean. Or Victoria's Secrets. I don't have the body to worry about it or the money or any where to wear it to, but it's fun to look.

Sigh. It's Thursday and I have to wait a whole week before I see the next episode. I can't wait!

No comments: