Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A New Day

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Al's going out of town in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking around for some place to go. My friends don't understand why I have to actually leave--you have the house to yourself. But if I stay here, I won't do anything but watch tv and clean and think about all the things I need to do around here, which isn't much of a change from every other day.


Then, just when I was feeling pretty low, I got this from Susan!



Very cool, huh? I'm gonna go get that tattoo now.

So, I'm going to pass this on because there are several Rockin' Girls out there.

Lena--If ever there was a Rockin' Girl Blog, it's Lena's. She writes songs and supports her son's rock band, the Valentines, and writes with honesty and humor about her life.

Lisa--The rockin' smarts blog. Politics, intelligence and photography; I always find something thought-provoking on her blog.

Chelle--The rockin' mom blog. Chelle's had some rough times, but she stays strong and focused, giving her little boy Brendan a strong foundation.

Katie--The rockin' hilarious blog. There's always something to give you a chuckle here. Another blog where you know what you see is what she is--funny and strong.

Michelle--The rockin' transcendental blog. Want to see the most beautiful photographs ever? Want to read about a woman's love of life and keeping everything and everyone around her healthy? Then head on over to Michelle's. There's always something interesting to read and see.

Queen--The rockin' best-written blog. There are a lot of intelligent, funny and well written blogs out there, but Queen's is one of the best. Confident and funny, she always has an interesting take on life.

Peggy--The rockin' world-away blog. Peggy is amazing. In addition to being a gardener, a cook, a great mom, a great wife, an expert on birds and flowers and trees, she dives. There's no way I would strap something on my back and go that far underwater on purpose, but I would live in Scotland like she does. I live vicariously through Peggy.

Betty--Because my mom rocks!

So, there you are gals. Display your award with pride!

7 comments:

Betty said...

OK, you're permanently in the will, now. Thanks for the Rockin Girl Blogger, especially the "girl" part. lol

Chelle Y. said...

Okay, now I have tears in my eyes! I was thinking, I need that "tattoo" too, then I read my name. You're so sweet and made my day, because believe me, yesterday was crappy! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! :o)

And, gawd, this is so embarrassing but I had to actually go and look up transcendental. *blush*

That was a really nice thing to say and do.

Unknown said...

Aw, Kell, thanks so much! I feel truly honored. :)

Let us know what you're doing for your getaway!

katy said...

well done Kell, i got one too and was going to nominate you but someone beat me too it. enjoy the YOU time x

Helena said...

I'm honoured to be listed among such a fab group of women, Kell! What a nice surprise and sweet thought!

Peggy said...

Thanks for that Kell! I'll put the badge up soon. I still have loads of vacation laundry to get through.