Monday, July 30, 2007

In the Meantime

Just letting ya know that I'm taking a little time off. I'm feelin' a little puny, nothing really awful, just enough to slow me down some. But I didn't want anyone to think I had just disappeared.

In the meantime, here are those photos from the dog show. We were lucky and met some really, really nice dog people. Sometimes those shows can be kind of sad because you wonder what kind of life this is for a dog. But the people we talked to loved their dogs and loved to talk about them.

Can you find the puppy?



Basset--Isn't he beautiful?!? He serenaded us, too. Arooooooooooo!



Clumber Spaniel, named Chilly.



Spinone Italiano I really love these dogs. This is Darby.



Old English Sheepdog. There are eyes under there somewhere. Makes you wonder how they guard sheep if they can't see them.



PBGV This is what our dog was--great hound dogs. And so cute.


10 comments:

Peggy said...

Darlin' Kell, I'm sorry you're unwell. We'll be here when you feel better.

We used to have a tri-colour Basset like that one. They have the best voices and the best ears (so velvety!) of any dog breed.

Chelle Y. said...

Doggies are so cute!

Enjoy your time off! I look forward to "seeing" you again soon. I am thinking I need a break too! :)

katy said...

have a good rest Kell, hope you back with us real soon. the photos are great

Tink said...

*Pout* You're leaving? Well, I hope the break refreshes you at least. Don't be gone too long though, K?

Anonymous said...

Aw, the PBGV is adorable!

Hope you have a chance to truly relax and peruse all of the back to school flyers *wink*.

Jay said...

The noon news had some of the dogs available at the Springfield humane society. They had a 4 year old basset that was sooo cool. Poor thing's family had to give him up cause they are moving away and can't take him with them. They said he wasn't doing well in the shelter and were hoping somebody would adopt him today.

Anonymous said...

Our town as a Basset Hound parade for April Fool's day. It's the funniest thing...all these easy going hounds, dressed up in crazy outfits...

Enjoy your break and feel better soon.

Newt said...

I think it sounds like someone needs to get a PBGV. Dogs are proven to be healthy therapy for people. Or any dog for that matter. Go on Kell, go for it, it will be good for you.

Helena said...

I love babysitting my neighbour's Dobermans. They're gentle and loving creatures and don't deserve their 'devil dog' tags! In fact, one of my cats is more ferocious than these huge softies.

Hope your not away too long Kell. Chin up me darlin'!

katy said...

hope you are ok, missing you