Thursday, July 19, 2007

We Interrupt These Posts


Hey! Did you know that the last Harry Potter book is coming out on Saturday?

Well, of course you did, unless you live under a rock. It's all over the Internet, the news, the newspapers, just about everywhere. And because it's every where, I don't want to take any chances of having some party pooper spoil the whole thing by reading something or hearing something before I read it for myself. Even my emailed headlines of the New York Times had a review of the book today. No! I don't want to know anything!

So, by tomorrow, I'll be off-line for a few days. Amazon will be sending the book Saturday, so I'll settle into my favorite reading chair and read about the final battle. Final. *Sniff* Over. Kaput. *Sniff*

Oh well. First, I'm going to a dog show and a party for a friend's retirement. The sacrifices I make.

Happy reading everyone.

7 comments:

Betty said...

I don't want to hear about the end of the book before I read it, either. But, so many people are anxious to spoil it for the rest of us that I don't think I can avoid it. With my luck, someone would call or e-mail me with the ending.

katy said...

i promise i wont be telling you anything about it, i have to confess not even read the first one LOL, enjoy the dog show and enjoy the book

Chelle Y. said...

I have been enjoying the books so much! I am sad it's almost over too! :(

Jay said...

Who is this Harry Potter that thou speaks of? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Eep! Happy reading, Kell! Can't wait. :o)

Anonymous said...

We also pre-ordered six months ago using Amazon's guaranteed arrival, except at the time I didn't realize it was a Saturday. Nobody delivers here in the sticks of Idaho on Saturday. Of course, by the time I realized that Amazon wouldn't let me cancel the order. Hence, my son is at the midnight launch party right now so he can read the thing this weekend and not wait until the Amazon package shows up next week.

Peggy said...

I finished my copy late this morning!