Time for another list, this time 26 through 50. It's a bit of a lightweight today. Nothing too shocking, I guess.
26. I love James Ellroy novels, but I crave a scotch and a cigarette when I read them.
27. When I have free time to read, I read mysteries.
28. I love Ian Rankin’s Rebus mysteries mainly because they are set in Edinburgh and I love Edinburgh. There's something almost gothic about them. I guess it's the setting.
29. After I got my master’s I swore I was not going to read anything challenging for at least a year!
30. I find it difficult to just read a novel. I read critically, but I turn that off when I read other kinds of things.
31. I’ve been an editor for most of my life, but have taken a break from it for the last 3 years.
32. I’ve edited everything from poetry to fiction to radar repair manuals to curriculum assessments (you know, those nasty tests the kids have to take now?) and even a sci-fi/fantasy novel for a friend.
33. The best job I ever had was a part-time job as a library clerk.
34. I still feel uncomfortable with technology. It’s moved so fast that I haven’t been able to keep up.
35. I subscribe to cooking magazines and actually cook some of the recipes from them.
36. I created and edited a cookbook for a service organization.
27. I cooked dinner for more than 40 people at a Christmas Progressive Dinner.
28. I was and still am an Osmond fan, especially Donny. I’m not ashamed of my Donny days.
29. I had a poster of Shaun Cassidy on my wall, until I replaced it with Scott Baio.
30. A Chorus Line was the first musical I saw, and I was hooked.
31. I still love musicals and plays, but I haven’t followed what’s on Broadway for years now.
32. I tried some acting classes a couple of years ago and decided I just can’t let go enough to be an actress.
33. Many times I feel like I’m living in my husband’s shadow.
34. I have nightmares that my husband is fed up and leaves me.
35. I’ve been married for 17 years.
36. For our 15th anniversary, we were going to renew our vows with an Elvis impersonator in Vegas, but he couldn’t get time off work.
37. Al owes me a trip to Vegas.
38. I love horror movies, especially vampires and haunted houses.
39. I never missed an episode of Buffy, Angel, or Charmed.
40. I don’t like “slasher” movies because of those wimpy women in their underwear, screaming in a corner.
41. I thought Rose Red, the Stephen King miniseries, was pretty lame, but I watch it every time it’s on TV. And it’s on a lot.
42. I love the Halloweentown movies on the Disney Channel.
43. I don’t like romantic comedies. I’m probably one of the only women in the world who did not like Pretty Woman.
44. I do like period pieces that just happen to be romances. Persuasion and A Room with a View are two of my favorites.
45. That’s not to say I don’t like all romance movies. I loved Chocolat and Shakespeare in Love.
46. I dream of writing a novel because it's easier to do it that way. Actually writing it is hard and takes the self-discipline and courage I don't seem to have.
47. I also dream of writing screenplays. I want to adapt Caleb Carr’s two novels The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness into one movie—the mystery of Angel of Darkness but the point of view of The Alienist.
48. I want to be a successful writer so that I can live any where.
49. I would live in Scotland.
50. I love Billy Connolly, the funniest man on earth.
50. We toured 7 scotch distilleries in Scotland in one week the first time we went to Scotland. By the time I got to the last one, I could have given the tour myself and didn’t do any tasting.