Saturday, May 20, 2006

Thank You

Thank all of you for your kind words of support. The vet's office even sent us flowers. We miss Daily something awful, but I know we did the right thing.

I've been watching some movies we made of her a year ago while we lived in Ohio. Oh my God she was so sick these last few months. The dog in those movies isn't the poor little dog that was living in my home. It doesn't ease the pain or make me miss her any less, but at least I feel that we did what was best for our poor puppy.

So, what do you do to keep your mind off of the sadness that you're feeling?

1. Clean the house and pack away Daily's things. I'll keep most of the toys and things in case we get another dog, but I'm giving her towels, blankets and her bed to the humane society.

2. Plant the herbs that have been sitting on my table for a week.

3. Eat, eat and still more eating. Comfort foods are good--mashed potatoes, ice cream.

4. I would drink, but that damn medication I'm on keeps me from having too much.

5. Drive around town.

6. Go to the gym--you know I'm desperate now!

7. Spend an evening with friends.

8. Watch tv because the silence in the house is about to drive me completely over the bend.

9. Watch movies of the dog to kickstart the happy memories.

Thanks again everyone.

No comments: