I'm brain dead. I keep telling myself I'm going to try to post more often, but I just don't seem to get around to it. So, when my friend sent me this meme, I thought "Yeah! Soemthing to blog!" Actually I got a couple of these, all labeled, "Getting to know you in the new year." Like I'm very different this first month of 2007 than I was last year. I'm actually getting a little tired of these (horrors!). But, I got nothing, so I did this instead.
Oh, and Neil, I am so not tagging you on this ;-)
1. What time is it now? 5:38 pm
2. What color are your socks right now?
Kind of a khaki color—hiking socks. Although, I’m not hiking right now; they’re just really warm
3. What are you listening to right now?
Law and Order: SVU
4. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Where am I? What time is it? What day is it? I have to pee.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yes, I prefer a stick shift because I’m a control freak.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Oh I hate picking out just one, but more than likely it would be some shade of green, like sage.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My friend T about the quilt group. That block-of-the-month quilt is never going to end.
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Yes, she's a brilliant ESL teacher in CA
9. How old are you today?
This is just wrong! Why do these things always ask how old you are?
10. Favorite drink? With alcohol?
Hmmmmm. I really love bourbon and Coke. Without alcohol, it has to have caffeine—coffee, usually.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Rally racing. I’m learning to cuss in several languages.
12. Do you like thunderstorms? Yes! Love them.
13. What's your favorite board game? I love board games! I like Scrabble, Sequence, Trivial Persuit, Yahtzee (is that a board game?), and on and on.
14. Do you like to drive fast? Not really. Maybe 5 or 10 miles over, but I'm pretty much a scardy cat.
15. Favorite food?
Besides chocolate? I crave Indian food.
16. What was the last movie you watched at the theater?
Oh, you’re testing my memory here. Um. I think it was Stranger Than Fiction.
17. Is the glass half-full or half-empty? Depends on the day, but usually half-full, I guess. But if it has a bourbon and Coke in it, it's empty!
18. What do you do to vent anger?
I’m a slammer—whatever door is unfortunate enough to be open and near me. Then I cry.
19. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I really liked my Baby Alive and my Chrissy doll—you could pull her hair out of the top of head and she’d have long hair! Oh, if only it was that easy in real life.
20. What is your favorite season?
21. Hugs or kisses?
Can’t I have both? I’d really like both, please.
22. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Can’t I have both? I’d really like both, please.
23. Cherries or Blueberry?
Can’t I have both? What’s with all this one or the other thing?
24. What are you reading right now?
Starting The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg and Misquoting Jesus by Bart D. Ehrman.
25. Favorite thing to do just for you?
I'm pretty crafty, what with the knitting, quilting, and scrapbooking, but just for me, I want to read.
26. Living arrangements?
Well, that’s a bit politically correct. Um, with a guy, in a house.
27. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday, I was watching some hospital reality show and a little boy lost his arm. Why do I do that to myself? I will never let Al have control of the remote again!
28. What is on the floor of your closet?
Shoes, some dirty clothes, a sack of clothes I need to get rid of, a hangar I keep forgetting to pick up
29. What is your favorite TV show?
I’m not sure I have one. I’m terrible about knowing when something is on and remembering to watch it. But I try to remember to watch House and Monk.
30. What did you do last night?
Knitted a hat for a friend, listened to whatever was on TV, made a shepherd’s pie, updated my MS journal
31. Favorite smells?
Flour and butter before it’s turned into some pastry and bread baking. I also looooooove my “Rain” herbal soap.
32. What inspires you?
The families who keep going while their family members are in the desert. Good music with good lyrics.
33. What are you afraid of?
Way too much. But the latest fear is that the MS will progress quicker than I want. But that’s not going to happen. Actually, I’m planning on a full remission.
34. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Plain. I used to like everything on them, but I’d always end up taking everything off, so now I just cut out the middle man.
35. Favorite dog breed?
Petite Bassett Griffon Vendeen (that’s what Daily was), Spinone Italiano, Border Collie, Westies, just about anything!
36. Do you sleep with an animal? Are we speaking figuratively or literally? Not since Daily passed away :(
37. Number of keys on your key ring?
Well, I have 2 key rings. One with the key to my car, and one with keys to the house and the other cars. I don’t know why I have 2. At one time Al suggested something like it, but I don’t remember exactly what he suggested. Maybe just having the house on a separate key ring? Oh well.
38. How many times do you eat out in a week?
Once or twice
39. Favorite day of the week?
40. How many states have you lived in?
7, so far (AR, CA, NY, LA, FL, OH, NE)
41. Favorite holiday?
Halloween and Thanksgiving
42. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery?
No, but I’ll be riding a motorcycle when it warms up
43. Who is your favorite NFL team?
Whoever my brother tells me to cheer for. But I prefer college football.
44. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless?
They still make corded phones?
45. Prefer 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather?
Ya worried me there for a minute. 10 inches of snow—I know I’m weird. But you don’t want to be around me in that kind of heat! I get cranky, before I zone out then have to take a nap.