Saturday, March 18, 2006

Snow Coming

Apparently, snow is heading towards us. I think it's pretty typical to get one more snow in March here in the midwest. It's a last hurrah for those of us who actually like the snow and the cold. Poor hubby. He's cold. He's been cold since October, and his mood is very much connected to the temperature of his feet. We're going to have to retire to differnt parts of the country, I'm afraid. I don't like being hot, and he doesn't like being cold. How have we lasted 16 years!?!

Anyway, snow. I hope it does. I hope it just dumps feets and feets of snow. Large, wet, heavy flakes that snow us in for at least 2 days. I want a good excuse to curl up on the couch in front of a fire, drink hot chocolate, and read a good book or finish knitting the hat I'm donating to the hospital for chemo patients. And Al doesn't have to work for the next 4 days, so if he wants to get out and drive around for fun, he can. Although, he's taken the snow tires off the Miata, so I guess he'll have to just drive the truck.

Yes, snow tires on the convertible sports car. You know you're a redneck when . . .
The first time was when we were in Ohio. My brother, who was up for Christmas, called me at work after our first big snow storm there. He said, "You're husband has a funny idea of fun." He told me he was putting snow tires on the Miata. The next thing I knew, I got an email from my crazy husband. It was a video from the inside of the car, and he was doing donuts in an empty parking lot. Maybe he could handle a little cold weather after all.

So, what should I read? I'm up to Black and Blue in the Rebus mystery series, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'm still reading The Artist's Way, but I'm taking that a week at a time so that I can actually do the exercises in the book (gotta get my brain going). Maybe Bel Canto? I've had that on my "read me" shelf for quite a while now. Or maybe The Historian? I can finally get that from the library without waiting for months at a time. I just don't know.

But first, I have to go get some more hot chocolate mix!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we're going to get to have our almost annual Snowplow and Daffodil Festival this year. It just can't seem to get cold enough.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey ##NAME##, I was glad to come across your blog when I was searching for McLaren F1 information. But your blog caught me eye, and is one of the better ones out there. Good blog. Cheers! John ##LINK##