Saturday, March 18, 2006

Doctor Who

The Sci Fi channel is showing the latest (2005) Doctor Who incarnation. Now, I'm not a "Who Geek." I swear. Although, I used to watch it every time it was on all those years ago on PBS. It was just great hokey fun. And I really liked Tom Baker's long, colorful scarf. Hmmm. I bet I could knit one of those!

The latest series, though, was really cool. They showed the premier last night--two episodes back-to-back, and I watched them both times! This new Doctor is so good. Very funny, very intelligent, very eccentric, and just so darn cute. He's Christoper Eccelston, and I've been a fan of his for a while. Since I instist on having BBC America where ever we live, I've seen him in several things. And if you've seen The Others (and you should) and/or 28 Days Later (and you should), then you've seen him, too. He was Nicole Kidman's husband and the terrifying military leader, in those movies.

Anyway, it was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Especially next week because there are ghosts in it! I love ghost stories. Unfortunately, he only stayed in the role for one season. David Tennant, Barty Crouch in Harry Potter GOF, has taken over the role, filming now in the UK.

Check it out!

No comments: