Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's November What?!?

Way back in September, I started planning and even knitting some Christmas presents. I was so proud of how early I was starting. I was not going to be crazily knitting all night just to get gifts in the mail to be received by Christmas. I was not going to have find a gift at the last minute because I just didn't get the knitting done. I was not going to have to create IOUs for gifts that would be coming after Christmas. Even through most of October I would think, "I still have the whole month of November! No problems."


"The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance" 
--Samuel Butler


Let's see:

Needed: 7 pairs of fingerless mittens, 2 hats, 1 shawl, 1 infinity scarf
Completed: 3 1/2 pairs of fingerless mittens, 1 shawl (that still needs to be blocked)

Suddenly, November seems like a very, very short month. None of those items take a long time, but when you add up how many need to be done, that's a lot of time for my fingers to fly through the yarn. However, it can be done! OK, don't want to fall into the pride hole again, but I do think I can still get all this done.  I love knitting these items, and the people the gifts are going to are definitely hand-knit worthy, so I will just have to make it so. Every time I start another gift, I'll hear Patrick Stewart saying, "Make it so." And it will be so.




No comments: